Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

i like to eat food

I did fairly well in maintaining my diet today. "Birthday cake" is my Achilles heel so I don't feel bad about the slice I had today at a co-worker's retirement party. My only regret is not being able to get a slice with a rose.... During the luncheon, I talked to a Jewish lady a bunch about how much I love Jews and the probability of me converting (very low).

I couldn't eat most of what was being served at the party. They gave us salads. I ate it. The entree options were fried and purchased-- consuming them may have resulted in anaphylactic shock depending on their preparation methods. I didn't take that chance. Mashed potatoes and rolls are out. I asked if I could just have a plate of green beans instead of throwing away all of that food. I was told yes but never received a plate. I could have gotten up and requested it again but they were doing presentations to the honoree by the time I realized my food wasn't coming. I was sitting smack in front of the podium and didn't want to interrupt. Plus, I'm not a big fan of green beans. Oh for the love of Christ I was hungry by the time that event was over!

Then I ended up in like 4 in prompt meeting. HUNGER. Back in my office, I reviewed my to do list (for tomorrow) and left for Taco Bell. Tacos are such a sight for a hungry belly. ahhh. From there, I went to Wolf Camera and saw an old talking buddy from the Bartlett store. We chatted for a while. I picked up prints I made to help with my scrapbook development and printed some shots for my clients. He volunteered to inform me of upcoming art shows. Sweet! I didn't request that. I'm not prepared for that. It's the second time in 2 weeks that I've landed in such a conversation. Maybe God is trying to tell me something? (Have fun) Anyhow, it was good to see K. I kind of hope that he really does call.

I'm still hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment