Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

utilizing the 90 min sleep cycle

Today, I accidentally fell asleep after work. That 60-90 minutes of rest seems like some of the best sleep I've gotten in a while, not because I haven't slept well but because I wake up exhausted (which probably means I don't sleep well). Last night, I went to bed at 8:15 in part because I've been really tired for weeks and deeply want time to just sleep and party because I needed to be at work AT 8am today. (It almost worked. I still slept until 6:50am but I got to work at 8:05. Traffic.)Right now, I feel almost human. I've budgeted my check from last week and also the one for next week since I was at it. I did a load of laundry. In the midst of typing this, I'll probably eat some food and clean up a bit. I hate being so tired. It's no good for my social life, I'll tell you that. I really, really, really want to be in bed by 10:30pm. I feel like having a regular schedule might help with this fatigue business or at least I think going to bed really late adds to my sleepiness. Umm. I can't think of anything interesting to say today. Mostly, I feel temporarily awake and realize I never talk about fatigue in this thing. Fatigue was my original enemy and it still abuses me; more energy is what I was really hoping I'd get from acupuncture. Oh, with that, I probably won't try it again while I'm doing the food experiment. It hurt a lot and caused increased pain levels in the days following it. I don't need that confoundment. Energy is so short lived in me when I get it; I better get up and do something productive while I can. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment