Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

pain update

I am on day 5 of eating white flour, sugar, gluten, etc. It might hurt. Saturday, I couldn't go back to sleep after I took my early morning restroom break because of the pain. Eventually, I got up to take ibuprofen 800 and moved around a bit to stretch my parts and give the med time to start working. When I woke up, I could still feel the pain in my back and thighs but obviously, it was mild enough to allow me to sleep. Six hours after ibu, I took tramadoll. I had a wedding to attend and photograph and I wanted to be as comfortable as possible during that process. I'm beginning to reach the point where I'm not afraid of my ability to function on tramadoll. I've taken it 4 or 5 times and seem to respond fine to it. Like usual, I can drive on narcotics, no problem. It quieted the pain but it didn't go away. Yesterday was a reminder of old times. I hurt all day, the question was how much was I hurting at a given point in time. Right now, my back hurts (but thankfully, that's it). I'll keep watching and see how it goes. The strange thing about reintroducing whites is I'm used to meal planning around them. Now, I have to intentionally incorporate them-- no Amy, it's okay to have bread with your "sandwich" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment