Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2012

natural food tracking

I haven't given up my indulgences. I wonder if I can pick myelf up and go into the control stage then an official gluten test by the end of next week. This morning, I ate 2 individual cheese things with tortilla chips. I've gone a long while without my nachos. I felt fine then noticed a small odditity in my mouth where the teeth and gums meet. Also, it gave me a sore throat and made my throat sensitive to touch, unless that happened because of something else (sinuses?) Possible known triggers: corn & dairy. Dairy I know to be positive. Thankfully, it wasn't bad. The fact that I'm tired right now, well that's another story... ;)

I need to take my car to the shop but don't feel like it. I want to nap instead. I showered and dressed thinking it might help. Nope. But I need to go now so not to ask for help from a co-worker during the week. I was gonna see a doctor today but did I mention not feeling like leaving the house or doing anything (Sleepiness, not illness)? Mom thinks I should skip Physicians Quality Care, find a new PCP, and go there.

Oh my Gaud. Let me tell you the deal with my latest PCP. I called to request an appointment first of March. The first available was mid-April. She was FABulous on that day. She took a swab of this spot that appeared on my skin in late December. I called her office 2 weeks after my visit to inquire of the results; they didn't have them. I called them the following Friday and left a message for her nurse. Tuesday I left another message. The following week, a third. Nada. No communication on what is going on with my body and this freakin' spot itches and has been there for 4 months at that point and I'm freakin' tired of it. I wrote the PCP a letter to inform her of my concern and ask that someone call me. In my letter, I asked if I should continue to use the over the counter products I've been using for 2 months or if there's something she'd like to prescribe. No communication for her. Instead, I got a voicemail from K-mart stating it's important for me to pick up my medication ..... what? Yeah, she called in an antibiotic that I picked up yesterday. It would have been nice if her office called me, told me the results of the swab, and informed me of the prescription. It can kill me. It says not to take it unless nothing else will solve the problem. WTF? Is this my punishment for being an assertive, inquisitive, I give a fuck about my health patient? This warning comes at the TOP of the information sheet for the med, not under caution or side effect. I looked it up online to learn more about it. The site I visited has its warning at the top of the page in a yellow box. Is my skin spot really this crucial? Was there nothing to try between over the count and possibly lethal prescription? So, I take my 4 turquoise pills per day and pair it with probiotics since the danger has to do with nasty bacteria growing on my insides. And pray/hope. And wait. I need a new doctor....

A semi-medical tid bit: I had a 15 minute massage on Thursday and it didn't hurt! The process felt good; there was no after effect unless you count my increased notice of how my tight my shoulders were. I bought some snagmob deals for 25 minute massages. They are about to expire so I had to fit them in best I/they could. So, I scheduled a 5pm appointment knowing it would be hard to make even without knowing how far away this office is from my job (15 minutes, far by Jackson standards). I got there at 5:05, she gave me way too long to undress, esp since I tried to while she was standing there. 15 good minutes is what resulted. I go again Monday but will have a different massage therapist. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment