Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

fitness blossom

Exercising felt good today. There were surprises.

Frustrated by my inability to locate my cell phone mp3 player, I stepped onto the treadmill. 2.5 for 2 minutes warm up. 8 minutes at 3.0 and then surprise! 1 minute run (jog) at 4.0. gasp, gasp, gasp, gasp, gasp, gasp. I caught my breathe again at 3.0. 8 minutes, then run, run, run, run, run. gasp, gasp, gasp, gasp. This time, I caught my breathe sooner; perhaps I found the trick-- deep breaths in, quick release out. 1 minute 3.0, 30 seconds 2.5, 1 minute 2.0, 30 seconds 1.5, off. I threw my foot on the wall and began to stretch. Then, my final surprise: 30 crunches instead of 25 and a decision to continue with an increase of 5 per week until I reach 50. Then, add angles.

I feel good.

also, I ordered a new keyboard for my laptop. Maybe my "a" problem will be over soon.

1 comment:

  1. Z! and I went to body pump last night. It was better than the previous class, but still intense in that way that someone is watching to make sure you are in the game. After class we walked to the Embarcadero. There were lots of runners and joggers. Some with trainers who were pushing, charging, rallying them along. Almost made me miss running.

    How exciting you have stepped up the pace. Breathe, breathe, breathe - GASP! Enjoy the run. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete