Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

fibro counter-attack, day 1


Today, I walked for 42 minutes. It's been a while since I've been on a treadmill and I wasn't sure what to expect. A few days ago, I decided that I need some fitness goals to help get and keep me going with exercise. I established two: (1) do 50 crunches and (2) walk 1 mile at 4.0. Today, I started with 3.0 for 30 minutes + a 5 min warm up and 7 min cool down. The pace was comfortable with minimum calf muscle pain. On the way home, my left calf screamed and I could barely walk on my right foot when I got home. Fibromyalgia lifted its head. But I won this battle. I went to the gym; I made it through the walk. I know that I could have started at a brisker pace but didn't know how my legs would respond to that and the goal of this is to expand my legs' physical abilities. My plan is to increase the pace .1 every week so it'll take me a few months to get to 4.0. I'll walk twice a week and swim once a week (+ Water Zumba). Health at Every Size. It's something Reagan talks about and it's something I choose to hold in mind.

On crunches, I started with 25.

2 comments:

  1. As a part of my 100 day process, I have committed to practicing yoga every day. I canceled my chiropractor and MD appointments as I think I have exhausted their support and the cost was beyond my budget. I am excited to report I actually feel considerably better. Rock on! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    Tomorrow, I have a phone consult with Dr. Rodger Murphree (http://drrodgermurphree.com/). He treats fibro & cfs with herbs-n-such. What a wonderful concept, esp coming from a MD. Check out his treatment by condition page: http://drrodgermurphree.com/health-conditions/ One of my friends uses him and is well pleased. 60% better she says.

    ReplyDelete