Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Allergen Elimination Starts Again

Wife and I began the allergen elimination diet in hopes of toning down our fibromyalgia symptoms. Start date: 7-5-16
Current duration: 2.5 weeks
Effectiveness: mild
Things we are avoiding: corn, gluten, soy, dairy, nitrates, caffeine, nightshade plants, & sugar (limited).

I've done this before and had great results, became pain free once even. But, I've never had the stamina to test all of the categories before returning to my normal way of eating. With Wife, I think I can do this. Mostly.

Two weeks in, my leg pain went from a 8 to a 5/6. Then, I walked down four flights of stairs. Three days later and I believe my legs are starting to forgive me about that. Otherwise, I've not had a break in pain and Wife reports no relief yet. The expectation is for phase I (the nothing phase) to take 3 to 4 weeks. I pray that it only takes 3-4 weeks to have significant pain relief. Otherwise, I don't know what we'll do. It's hard to test a food if there's not a reduction in symptoms.

Today, I found this modified allergen elimination diet. It intrigues me. I've come too far to go backwards but if I need to start from scratch, I might try this one next time.

Onward, upward in this fibromyalgia journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment