Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

grace

Channel 7 News:


Police Charge Liquor Store Robbery Suspect

JACKSON, Tenn. – A Jackson man has been charged in connection with the robbery of a liqor store, Thursday.

According to Jackson police, Tyler Hayes Mills, 21, faces two counts of aggravated robbery, a charge of felon in possession of a firearm and evading arrest. He is accused of robbing Ridgecrest Cellars just after 5:00 p.m. Thursday.

After the robbery, police believe Mills ran from the store into a wooded area on Malone Road. After he briefly came out of the wood line, officers quickly arrived and set up a perimeter. A police dog and helicopter were called in to help with the search.

After searching for over two hours, officers arrested Mills, 21, in a wooded area off North Royal Street near Henderson Road. Officers reported finding the the stolen money, cell phone and gun.

Investigators learned that Mills has felony convictions for aggravated burglary and theft in Henderson County and aggravated burglary in Chester County.

Mills is scheduled to be formally arraigned Monday at 8 a.m. in Jackson City Court.
*
*
I read this and felt blessed. I read it and thought, "THAT STORE WAS ROBBED RIGHT AFTER I WALKED OUT!" Then I realized it was robbed the day after I was there. So incredibly close even with that 24 hour difference. The tiniest choices separate my first thought from reality. My Wednesday experience fed amazement and gratitude concerning the Thursday incident. That store was booming when I went. There weren't 12 us in there at once but someone was leaving when I pulled up, someone came in while I was there, someone pulled up as I walked out. That kind of busy. Constant. Apparently, people go to the liquor store after work. But this young buck, wow. I've seen nothing about anyone being hurt. I don't know if that means that things lined up just so that no customers were present during the event, or if it was simply done without gun fire. Whatever the details, I'm grateful and look squarely at the grace that shielded me, the employees at Ridgecrest Cellars, and perhaps other customers trying to unwind from a day of hard work.

SN: I'm trying to create a yummy mai thai recipe. suggestions? My first two attempts were too sweet for my opinion.I hope to find the napkin where I wrote down the ingredients given by a bartender..

No comments:

Post a Comment